Have many or few jewels, having a jewelry box at home is always very useful for storage. Rings, earrings, watches, necklaces, bracelets … there are many accessories that we can keep in it. Do you want to know how to make a homemade wooden and fabric jewelry box? Keep reading and you’ll see that you can get a fantastic one easily.
If you cannot invest in a jewelry box or prefer to create your own to make it more original, cheap and fully customized, you have many options to create a homemade jewelry box. Also, you can use recyclable materials that you will surely have at home, so it will be much better.
- Wooden box (also serves cardboard)
- Fabric or felt
Steps to make a homemade wooden and fabric jewelry box
- The first thing you have to do is decide on the design and distribution of the jeweler since based on that you will need a box with some or other characteristics. The logical thing is to adapt the design to the box you already have.
- Once you have the box, make the interior separations with cardboard pieces adapted to that size. You can paint them so that the interior design is also more original.
- As for the exterior, in this case, we are going to do it with the Decoupage technique, which is the one that uses fabrics to decorate objects. If you don’t want cloth, just paint the box or stick decorative stickers.
- If you are going to use the fabric to make a homemade jewelry box, fold it according to the size of the box, with two pieces of the same size so that it has greater resistance.
- Place the fabric inside the box, removing the dividers and gluing the fabric with glue or special glue.
- When the glue has dried and the fabric is well fixed, place the dividers and other interior accessories that will help you organize your jewelry box.
- If the wooden box is not your taste on the outside, you can also cover it with felt or cloth, or decorate it with paint, adhesives or any other element that you think can give it a very special touch.
Do you know any other way to make a homemade jewelry box?